Numerous additional fields in the shipment document and an automatic determination of optional additions support processing and subsequent functions (shipment messages, freight cost …):
- Chargeable weight, Number of packages, pallets, pallet spaces
- Geographical information (destination zone, additional connection points, rail stations)
- Ship and rail car data
- Additional dates
- Distances (road, toll…)
- Approved measured values for calculation of greenhouse gas emissions (GoGreen)
GPC solutions support during Transportation planning and processing a wide variety of shipment scenarios for all modes of transportation:
- Direct transport (complete loads (FTL/FCL), consignments (LTL/LCL) …)
- Groupage traffic
- Multi modal shipments
- Distribution shipments / regional carriers
- Cross docking / shuttle shipments
- Main leg models / optimization
GPC solutions may support the transportation processes:
- EZShip creates optimized and consolidated shipments automatically.
- Service agent selection determines allowed carriers per shipment. Carriers may be evaluated based on freight cost, share and/or prioritization.
- The loading planning tool EZLoad allows the allocation of shipments to loading slots including capacity checks at the loading site (loading and unloading activities).
- Fleet Management supports planning, tracking and lease cost settlement for means of transportation (wagons, containers, trucks, barges and ocean vessels) for specific shipments.